• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renamed LR catalog and now LR does not load

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renamed LR catalog to 'Lightroom CLASSIC Catalog' in order to later purge non-classic flies in order to clear up HD space.

Used this tutorial to do so: https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/how-to-rename-your-lightroom-catalog

(and yes, I quit LR before performing the above rename)

Now, when loading LR it loads as if I had never used LR before.  Not only are all my files gone, LR itself is a bare slate with none of my presets saved - it's as if I just started with LR.

I still see the 'Lightroom CLASSIC' files saved on my Mac, but when I click them Apple wants me to choose an app from the app store to open said files.  Then, when I click through, it says that app is not available in my country.

Everything is saved in a recent Time Machine back-up to an external, but what just happened and how do I restore LR to it's previous state?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, double-click on the catalog file itself (the one that you renamed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it did not work - just opened the bare-bones LR with none of my data saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find that renamed catalog file, unless there was something else happening that you haven't mentioned, it should open with all your work in it. What does your operating system say the file size of this renamed catalog is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what I just did, but I got it to work - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines