• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming folders in Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we able to rename folders in Lightroom Classic? I did once, will it ever be possible again ...?

rename folder.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Thank you for getting back to me. All of a sudden, the error disappeared and I was once again able to rename folders. Not sure why, but I guess these things happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum. Please see the screen capture which shows what info is expected when you create a thread.

The only thing I can think of is that Lightroom does not have permission to access the folders.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an error that is probably caused by a permissions problem. It is still possible to rename folders in Lightroom Classic, but the OS may not permit it. That is what you see here.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me. All of a sudden, the error disappeared and I was once again able to rename folders. Not sure why, but I guess these things happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brand-new problem for me. Saturday night I was able to rename all of my culled and edited images from my Saturday shoot. 

Saturday night I fiddled a bit in the Preferences because downloads were bringing in jpeg copies of images and dublicates.

Shot new images to a new folder in the same catalog on Sunday. After culling and editing Sunday's shoot I could not rename files. Well, I could rename two dng files that were created from Sunday images using the photomerge setting in LR. And the first handful (less than 10) Nikon RAW files renamed. But nothing after that. I traced back and all the permissions are set for Read & Right. The individual image files, the folders and even the external drive, all Read and Write. I'm stumped about where else to look for help. I know that I selected the entire set (271 images) every time.

I"m trying to rename in Library mode by going to Library>Rename files.

Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I get no error message. I simply select 270 files and the progress bar moves super fast as if it's renamed the whole set, but then when I look only those dng photomerge files are renamed, not the entire set of 270 images.

iMac using Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.31.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's my computer info:  About half of my drive is available.Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.33.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines