Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset a plugin installation

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

A client of my Lightroom plugin has an issue. 
The plugin stopped working from day to another. No http request are sent and Lightroom say that the plugin didn't terminate normally. 

Do you know if there is a way to clean information of a plugin to re install properly. 

I already tried to reinstall it from the plugin manager but it doesn't work. 
I can't understand what happen?

Thank you very much for your help

TOPICS
macOS , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

The plugin-specific preferences accessed via LrPrefs are stored in LR's preferences.  LR itself also stores some information about plugins in its preferences.  So to clear all information about a plugin from LR, you can reset preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

That article explains how to save the old preferences and restore them if resetting doesn't help.

If you want to clear just that plugin's preferences set via LrPrefs, you could

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin-specific preferences accessed via LrPrefs are stored in LR's preferences.  LR itself also stores some information about plugins in its preferences.  So to clear all information about a plugin from LR, you can reset preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

That article explains how to save the old preferences and restore them if resetting doesn't help.

If you want to clear just that plugin's preferences set via LrPrefs, you could use the function below. But note that there may be generic information (e.g. window positions) that LR has stored in its preferences that wouldn't be cleared by this function.

--[[----------------------------------------------------------------------------
public void
deletePrefs ([string pluginId])

Deletes all key/values for the given "pluginId" (defaults to the 
current plugin).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------]]

function Util.deletePrefs (pluginId)
    local prefs = LrPrefs.prefsForPlugin (pluginId)
    for k, _ in prefs:pairs () do 
        prefs [k] = nil 
        end
    end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. 
I'll check that and see if it fixes my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines