• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting Develop Settings Removes Color Tags and Flags

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reset button in the Develop module now removes any flags and color tags.

It didn't do this before I upgraded to latest version. Not sure what version I had before, I think I held back a few upgrades. 

This screws up my workflow because I often select by color tags or by stars the ones I want to reset. Now I lose which photos I picked.

I like to keep unedited originals in one collection and edited virtual copies in another collection. I need the colors to separate and handle them. 

I think the Reset button should only reset edits, not tags, stars or flags. These are elements of organization, not photo edits!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For instance, suppose I have 500 photos in a folder. I decide I want to take five and start fresh on them. I assign the red label to them and filter by red. I now have five photos selected and I take them to the develop module. I reset them and now they are gone! No photo is selected! 

Which photos did I select? I have to find them again! I can do it by sorting by edit time, but why should I have to? Why was this changed? A color label is an organizational element, not a photo edit!

This is a very bad change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this issue on my Windows 11, Lightroom Classic 11.5

Could you please inform us of the version NUMBER of your operating system and the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. We need version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.5 Release for Lightroom, Windows 10 Pro, 21H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is definitly not normal behavior. Try resetting the preferences: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines