• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting Edits after closing and reopening LR Classic

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I exit LR after exporting edited images without clicking reset then when I return to LR is appears that there is no way to undo changes to start a new edit and I am stuck with the edited version.  is there a setting so that the original RAW file will be available in my catalogue, or even both edited and uneditted versions ?  I export as JPG to an external drive and am using latest updated version of LR classic in Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom every step developing a picture is non destructive. It means you can go back every time to the original RAW file. There's a setting in the export options that a exported picture was added to the catalog, so you'll have both.

I've never heard about such a issue.

In a first step I would try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original raw is always available, because Lightroom doesn't touch it. The edits are written as text to the catalog, and these edits are applied to a new file when you export.

The edits are also applied to the previews you see in Lightroom.

If you want to have an unedited version of an image, create a virtual copy. Select the image, and press Ctrl + ' (apostrophe), or  choose Create virtual copy in the Photo menu.

Or, if you want to start over, click the bottom entry in the History panel (usually "Import"), or click the Reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no reason to export an edited image and then reset the edits to make new edits. Create a virtual copy if you want to create another edit.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines