• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restoring a catalog

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently reloaded my LR catalog from my external hard drive onto a new computer, as my old computer crashed. All the raw files are there, but my presets, virtual copies, and edited Jpgs are missing. Why would only my RAW files be availble?  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that I understand what you did and why. If your catalog was on an external drive, then why would you have to 'reload' it to a new computer? What does 'reload' mean in this case? Presets are stored in a  folder buried deep on your internal drive (unless you checked the option to store the presets with the catalog), so missing presets is to be expected if you could not rescue them from the crashed conputer. I have no idea why jpegs and virtual copies would get missing however, so I wonder if this could have something to do with that 'reloading' you did.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines