• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert to previous version until tutorials are available for Masking enhancements

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant get my head round this new vertion at all I need to use the tools from the last one is there an option for this

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to an article that should help - https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldnt agree more, there was nothing wrong with the last version for things like radial and gradient filters, now its an endless clicking match instead of 1 click, sod all reason to change it, if this can't be rolled back my sub is up for renewal and will be looking elsewhere. Leave the photoshop elements where they are instead of inflicting unwanted changes on the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@steviek23807800 I hear you, but while you may have been content with previous versions, the new one has added a bunch of functionality and capabilities to those tools.  I, for one, welcome that.

For what it's worth, keyboard shortcuts are a great way to reduce mouse clicks and speed workflow.  K, M, and Shift+M all work as they did before and take you right to the brush, linear and radial tools respectively.

"Leave the photoshop elements where they are instead of inflicting unwanted changes on the rest of us."

Not sure who you're referring to by "the rest of us".  Lots of "us" have been asking for more powerful selection & masking tools in LrC for years.  Again, I welcome these changes and am excited to start learning how to use the new features.  The less I have to go to Photoshop, the better.

If you try to learn the new stuff  rather than deciding it's garbage the day after the version is released, maybe you'll find you like the changes.  At the end of the day though, change happens.  It's your choice whether to embrace it or get left behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I here you but for people that have a degree of lerning diabilty help tutorials before major update releases on this scale would be really helpful just because we have learning just please don't make us a thick but it does create a degree of frustration now let's just produced a learning tutorials so we can get on with learning the new project asked opposed to being put in shock mode just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not how software releases work, and you can always just not install the new version and learn the new tools before installing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help I am now back on the old version Adobe you really need to get some help tutorials with this new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe MAX conference is happening right now and there is some great content. If you have the time there is a presentation today on the new masking tools at 12:30 to 1:00pm CDT

https://www.adobe.com/max/2021/sessions/na-photo-editing-with-selective-adjustments-in-lig-s457.html

Check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I have just looked at that but it's still not very good tutorials should be produced as early as possible at least before updates that would be really helpful to someone like me he finds it challenging to use his products my subscription is as valued as anybody else's and Adobe need to cater for everybody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if you release a new product then that's tutorials should be available at the same time as the new project I don't think that's much to ask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several tutorials on the new masking on YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but that is so long winded the idea of light rain is to keep it quite basic all what you was doing in this tutorial it's something that you can do in Photoshop you're over complicating the program that doesn't need to be over complicated that's why we have food shop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some good tutorials on YouTube. Just like any new tool, it takes effort and experimenting and failure and re-watching tutorials to learn how things work. I'm still suffering through learning, but here's a first effort after watching a couple of YouTube tutorials over and over and over again.

DSC_0650-Enhanced-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree but when you are running a business and this piece of software is essential to you that we don't all have time to spend hours and hours sitting down learning a new program when it is has been over complicated if I needed a more complex program I would use Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole idea of lightning light room classic was it simplicity and now they are over complicating a program that was really straightforward to use for me that was the beauty of it I said if I needed something more complicated I would use Photoshop they are over complicating things that don't need over complicating especially when you run your own business and you need to G just a little bit of touchup to your photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree but when you are running a business and this piece of software is essential to you that we don't all have time to spend hours and hours sitting down learning a new program ...

What if these features could bring increased income? What if these new features could increase customer satisfaction? What if these new features could do both? Just asking, because if you're not trying to improve what you're doing, then its a business I probably wouldn't want to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well seeing that I have been in Business for over 30 years I don't think I've done too bad and Adobe Lightroom classic has been pretty good up till now I'll be out of business sitting down trying to get my head around a program that is much more complicated and a hasal to use clic clic clic if I needed  to do some complicated work I would use Photoshop that's the whole idea ider isn't it the new Version is going to take me forever to get anything done in actual fact because of this version I will be losing money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if your competitors decide to use the new LrC features, and produce better results than you, and suddenly you're losing customers?

But, to do the things you used to do with local adjustments, it's just one more click to open the new mask panel and then your brush, graduated filter and radial filter are there. It's really hard to see how one more click is a problem for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So LrC is supposed to evolve, add new features, and keep up with all the current trends, but never change. Right? I mean it's day 2, I spent maybe an hour watching tutorials "over and over and over" and another half hour experimenting with an image. It takes a little effort on the user's part to adapt to something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole idea of like the light room classic was it simplicity and ease of navigation now it is more complicated as a business person I don't have time to sit right down and spend lots of time learning new programs yes of course things do evolve if I wanted something more complex to use I would use Photoshop that's the whole idea of Lightroom Classic that it is a basic program not complicated just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't have to use the masking tools if you don't want to. What are you complaining about here? That you can't find the new tutorials? Of course Adobe and everyone else released new tutorials this week and they've very easy to find and follow. If you don't want to use the new Classic, just don't install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So LrC is supposed to evolve, add new features, and keep up with all the current trends, but never change. Right? I mean it's day 2, I spent maybe an hour watching tutorials "over and over and over" and another half hour experimenting with an image. It takes a little effort on the user's part to adapt to something new.

By @JP Hess

I agree with this. I have watched two tutorials, then was able to sit down and use the new tools and come up with some noticeable improvements to some photos in about two hours of effort/learning/trying the new tools. That doesn't seem like a burdensome amount of effort that will cause someone's business to decline. And naturally, I can probably do better with more effort, as the power of the the new masking tool is huge and I'm sure I will learn more as I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really isn't that "complex". Click one icon, and all the tools that were there before and more are available. And all you have to do is learn how to use them. Have you even watched any of the tutorials that are available NOW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already rolled back, next time please dont foister an update without asking if I want to update my installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines