• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right clicking and Exporting with no images selected exports all images in the grid.

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Library > Grid view,  if you do NOT have an image selected and you right click ANY image (without left clicking to select it) and choose an Export preset, it will export ALL the images in that grid view, and not just the image over which you right clicked.

I suppose that this could be a quick way to export all the images in the grid view without selecting them all first, but what may be misleading is the highlight on hover, before right-clicking, which may lead the user to believe that only the right clicked image will be targeted/exported.

I am not sure if this is intentional or not, so I am posting it here for review.

Is it a bug or a feature?

lr_grid_export_all.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

The Lightroom Classic team has verified this is expected behavior and not a bug. If you would like to change the way LrC behaves when no images are selected, please submit a feature request (Idea) for consideration. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a screen capture is a bit off. This is what I see:

Image 003.png

Do you mean Export with Previous? Or are you going into Export?

On my PC, and this is WIndows, LrC v11.5, I get to Export Preset via the menu bar:

Image 005.png

And as you can see, with no images selected, other than Mail, the options are grayed out. If I select Mail, another screen pops up:

Image 006.png

Is that what is occurring? Frankly I never see the reason to mail from LrC, so i have never run into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldR Yes, I left out the Export flyout menu from my screenshot as I have a very long list of presets. But if you choose any of them, you can reproduce the issue. I haven't tried with File > Export with Preset, because my point was that hovering and right clicking over an image without selecting the image causes ALL images to be exported. 

This is less obvious when you have nothing selected and go to File > Export with Preset, so it may not apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using File/Export with Preset looks like what @GoldingD shows but if I use Export and chose a preset than ALL the files are exported if NO files are selected.   This should be considered a BUG or at least a poor design,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a bug!

WIth no images selected you would expect an error message to that effect-  eg. "Nothing Exported- No image selected."

I see the same result- ALL photos in the current Grid (ALL De-selected!) view are exported with an Export preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't even have to use a preset, just use regular export and it happens.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic team has verified this is expected behavior and not a bug. If you would like to change the way LrC behaves when no images are selected, please submit a feature request (Idea) for consideration. 

Thanks!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Alright, thank you for the follow -up and verifying with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines