• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right side of develop screen won't stay open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! ever since I updated my lightroom last week, in the develop module , I can't keep the right side tab open. I have to click it EVERY SINGLE TIME to open up the panel that controls all of my editing. Needless to say this is crazy annoying, espically in busy season. Please please help. oh, and yes i've restarted my computer and closed and restarted program several times. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

At the extreme right edge of the screen, you should see a strip with a triangular arrow in its middle. Clicking this arrow collapses and expands the panels on that side. If you right-click on this same strip, you have a menu of options for whether the panels should then auto-hide themselves after use / auto-show themselves when you hover over this strip - or, should be controlled manually. I have the last option chosen:there is no auto closing or auto opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! ever since I updated my lightroom last week, in the develop module , I can't keep the right side tab open. I have to click it EVERY SINGLE TIME to open up the panel that controls all of my editing. Needless to say this is crazy annoying, espically in busy season. Please please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/workspace-basics.html

Scroll down to "Show or Hide Panels"; and to "Set how panel groups show or hide automatically"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the extreme right edge of the screen, you should see a strip with a triangular arrow in its middle. Clicking this arrow collapses and expands the panels on that side. If you right-click on this same strip, you have a menu of options for whether the panels should then auto-hide themselves after use / auto-show themselves when you hover over this strip - or, should be controlled manually. I have the last option chosen:there is no auto closing or auto opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to add: if you do sometimes want to hide/show the side panels, there are some IMO much handier key shortcuts - e.g. you can rapidly toggle visibility of both side panels on and off, with the Tab key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOU ARE MY HERO. it was clicked to auto hide. I googled for so long this morning, and you solved my problem almost instantly. seriously thank you so so much. and I will also be using your tab suggestion..that is incredibly helpful also. thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines