• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RLC 10.1.1 - create virtual "copies"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to "Create a Virtual Copy" - now, even though just one image is selected, I have the option to "Create Virtual Copies" - and every image in my Quick Collection is copied.

I only want to Create (1) Virtual copy!

This seems new with 10.1.1.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick test here in both a collection and a folder with 1 image selected on 10.1.1 Mac works for me. 

Does restarting help at all?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have only one photo selected? Try Ctrl-D/Cmd-D to deselect, then select one photo and try it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LrC 10.1.1 on a Windows 10 PC. If I highlight a single image and choose to create a virtual copy LrC only creates a virtual copy for that highlighted image. I tried that with a group of images in the Quick Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all images are selected, there will still be a 'most selected image' that looks different. This can easily fool you into thinking that only this one image is selected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a quick test and everything works well on my end. Two quick things to consider.

1. Ensure that just one image is selected

2. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the application?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like the others before me, I too tested my lightroom 10.1.1 (on a Mac with Catalina) and it works as it should, making only one virtual copy, if one image is selected. And I also tried both from all my images and from the qucik collection.

Try quitting LR, and then launch again to see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines