• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate a photo in LRC from Landscape to Portrait ?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please tell me how to rotate a photo in LRC from Landscape to Portrait ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

In the library module, it is a right-click menu option. You can also add it to your toolbar.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 102921.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the library module, it is a right-click menu option. You can also add it to your toolbar.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 102921.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh Thank you so much!!! I knew it was something simple. Do you mind telling me how I can add that to my toolbar ?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the little down arrow on the right side of the toolbar.  Check the box next to "Rotate".  Happy holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also "Ctrl [" or "Ctrl ]" are the shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon this is also good to know!! Thank you.
Also Thanx to Jim I have also added it to my tool bar in
Develop !!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you add it to toolbar in develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the down arrow at the right end of the toolbar and place a check marked in the rotate option. That will add the rotate option to your toolbar in the library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats the issue, there is no rotate option in the DEVELOP toolbar. i can add it to library module but not the develop one which i need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also "Ctrl [" or "Ctrl ]" are the shortcuts. 

By Jon Hillenbrand

And those shortcuts are for the commands Photo > Rotate Left (CCW) and Photo > Rotate Right (CW).

So overall, you can rotate using the menu commands, the keyboard shortcuts for the commands, or the icons on the toolbar, depending on how you like to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and i dont know why it doesnt work for me 😞 i am using PC and it has to be CTRL+AltGr+9 to be able to type "]" but nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Rotate button is not available in the toolbar in the Develop module, so if you want to rotate the image in Develop you must use the Rotate Left (CCW)/Rotate Right (CW) menu commands or their keyboard shortcuts. The picture below shows the keyboard shortcut for English, if you are using Lightroom Classic in a different language the shortcut might be different, to verify what it is on the menu on your computer.

Or, in Develop you can right-click the image and choose Transform, and both of those commands are on the Transform submenu.

Lightroom-Classic-Develop-rotate-Windows.jpg

The keyboard shortcut may be different in another language, so verify that you are pressing the keys listed on your menu. If the shortcut shown on the menu is not working, check your computer for system-level utility software that might also set to use that shortcut and might be taking priority or interfering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines