• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round trip from LR to PS to LR produces different color version

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I update PS, I encounter this. In LR, I send an image file to PS via "Edit In...". In PS, I do some work (this time it was to remove something with Content Aware Fill), save the file, and when it shows up in LR, the color is completely different. For the last two updates, I changed the PS color setting for RGB to ProPhoto and that solved the problem. Now, however, PS color setting is already set to ProPhoto RGB and the color is darkened when it gets back to LR. I first saved as .psd, then tried saving as a .tiff, but both had the same dull results. Any ideas? This is a major problem!

I've included the original LR version & the PS version that returns to LR.

I'm on an iMac with 64GB ram on Catalina; LR is vs 11.5 and PS is 23.5.0.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

See: See:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/color-problems-external-edit-to-photoshop/m-p/12936448#M274025

This should have been fixed so make sure you've got the latest version. 

Also make sure you've viewed the color comparison by viewing in Develop module, at 1:1. 

If you still have an issue, could be a corrupted display profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, a nu,ber of people have reported this situation in the past. Are you sure. your color profiles for both LR and PS are still set to the same? Have you restarted your computer and restarted LR and PS since setting the color profile? 

Have you calibrated your monitor with an colorimeter or photospectrometer tool (meaning a calibrite or Xrite product). An un calibrated monitor profile can sometimes affect applications differently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See: See:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/color-problems-external-edit-to-photosh...

This should have been fixed so make sure you've got the latest version. 

Also make sure you've viewed the color comparison by viewing in Develop module, at 1:1. 

If you still have an issue, could be a corrupted display profile. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines