• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round Trip from PS back to LR will not work

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not round trip between LR and PS anymore. Click "save" and this error message appears: 

Could not save as “_5000560-Edit.tif” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

Creative Cloud, PS, LR, Bridge all have full disc access. All are up to date. Running MAC OS Monterey with Apple M1 chip. All worked before and now for not any apparent reason will not round trip. Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet? Are the files saved on an external hard drive? If yes, try importing a couple of images saved on your computer's local storage & try the workflow with them to check if that works.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the ability to round trip from PS back to LR is very random. I'm getting a lot of different error messages on different images. Example: "Could not save as "-xxx -edit.tif" because the file is locked..." I've checked the drive and it is read and writel. Checked the image file with "get info" and it just says "fetching" but it never does and across from that box it says "read & write. Another error message: "The metadata for this photo has been changed by both LR and another application..." Another error message: "There was an unknown error while writing the metadata to this photo. Retry?" When I retry, a dialoge box appears - "Some save metadata operations were not performed." Another error message: "- xxx. dng could not be used because the original file could not be found." This is randomly and predominatly throughout my entire catalog. Is my hard drive corrupted? Is the catalog corrupted? How can I save my images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

Tks for your response. Files are saved on an external hard drive. I imported from the computers local storage and the roundtrip workflow worked! So, is my hard drive corrupted? Are the images files corrupted? How do I know? How can I fix this? 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is the external hard drive formatted? If it is NTFS, that is the cause. If it is a Apple compatible format (mac os x extended or APFS would be normal), then check if Photoshop and Lightroom have the correct permissions to access external hard disks in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Files and Folders. You should see Removable Volumes checked. On some machines (not clear what causes this) you might have to add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to the apps having full access by adding them to the "Full Disk Access" option in the same panel.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines