• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safest Internet site to download free presets for PC based Lightroom 6 ?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I'm interested in downloading some Free Presets for my PC Based Lightroom 6.

But with all the concern over viruses and malware in this day & age, I thought I'd post here and ask for some first hand experience / recommendations of the safest sites to use.

Would appreciate your help, thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

I have both Norton and MalwareBytes installed and the browser apps enabled in Firefox. To date with this setup (5 years+) I haven't had a single intrusion that wasn't caught and disabled by either Norton or MalwareBytes. With downloads I also wait until Norton has reported the download is safe. Given that you can probably safely search and find a plethora of older presets compatible with LR 6. As Jim Hess points out you'll need to check the LR version compatibility, which for newer presets proba

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one for starters, but can you trust it? I recommend installing a real-time antivirus program that runs at both the system and Web browser level. You'll never be 100% safe without it!

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/free-adobe-lightroom-presets-for-all-occasions?l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd...
Well, I do have FireFox, Norton, and Malwarebytes running 24x7.....understand there are many sites that pop-up on an Internet search for Free presets...was hoping for first hand experience / recommendations from folks who had tried / knew of trustworthy sites.  Not sure if your referenced site is one you've used and found trustworthy considering the comments about having protection installed, etc...if you happen to ee this reply and could clarify, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd is one of the most capable community professionals from whom you could expect a reply. But the problem is you are looking for presets for a version of Lightroom that is no longer supported by Adobe, is light years out of date, and is long forgotten by many Lightroom users. It seems unrealistic to expect a myriad of first-hand up to date users who could recommend free presets for an obsolete version that is reportedly not well supported by some of the later operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Norton and MalwareBytes installed and the browser apps enabled in Firefox. To date with this setup (5 years+) I haven't had a single intrusion that wasn't caught and disabled by either Norton or MalwareBytes. With downloads I also wait until Norton has reported the download is safe. Given that you can probably safely search and find a plethora of older presets compatible with LR 6. As Jim Hess points out you'll need to check the LR version compatibility, which for newer presets probably won't be back to LR 6. So you should verify compatibility before downloading.  Here's a Google search for starters:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=%22Lightroom+6%22+presets

Are you looking for specific types of presets? To be honest I use very few presets other than those I've created myself for specific purposes. I find first selecting one of the new Adobe Creative or Camera Matching profiles gets me fairly close to the desired rendering intent without using a preset in most cases. Lightroom Classic has come a long way from version 6 so you might want to consider trialing it. You can have both installed for comparison purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Todd...

I'm finding some of the built-in LR-6 B&W presets are sometimes very helpful in dealing with some marginal Infrared shots...thought I'd try a few more B&W presets.

Thanks again for your good help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This article may be of interest concerning creating a custom camera profile for IR photography. I used this method to create custom camera profiles for white balancing color negatives, which have a strong orange mask. The LR Temp control only goes to 2000, but this allows extending it into the IR range.

https://robertreiser.photography/proper-infrared-white-balance-in-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines