• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as to original folder issue

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think there is a bug with the "legacy" implementation. I have the latest Photoshop and the lastest Windows OS. I have "Enable Legacy Save As", "Do not append "Copy" to file name" and the "Save As to Original Folder" options selected.

Issue is that the Save As does NOT save to the original folder, I have to manually specify it when I use the Lightroom, Edit in, Edit in Photoshop 2022 option. I think it may be saving to a previous folder, not the one where the original file (usually the .NEF in my case) when I access Photoshop from Lightroom. I am pretty sure this used to work, that I did not have to manually specify the original folder (the one in Lightroom, containing the raw files). Right now, this is impacting my workflow, as I have to take the time to specify the intended file location in Photoshop.

Sorry, if I posted this twice, my first time with this system.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting PS Preferences file as outlined at the below link.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/reset-photoshop-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, tried it but it did not help. Photoshop is still ignoring the original location that should have been sent from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a Photoshop [SAVE] will (without intervention) return the new derivative file to the folder of the original in Lightroom-Classic.

The moment you use [Save As] then you are 'on your own' and the 'save as' location is up to you!

This has ALWAYS been the advice to use [SAVE] for files to return to LrC.

The "legacy" implementation of [Save As] is only meant to allow the saving of file types other than TIF or PSD. It does not change the advice to use [Save] when you [Edit-In] from LrC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob is correct. You should not use 'Save as' at all. Use 'Save'. Don't worry that the file name still has the raw extension when you look at the image window in Photoshop. The reason for that is that this is an unsaved file, and so Photoshop shows the last known name. Photoshop cannot and will not save as raw however, so it won't overwrite the original but save the edited image with a .tiff of .psd extension.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I have taken your advice and changed my work flow accordingly. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines