• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Quick Developed photos as jpegs

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use the old LR 5.7 and, often, if I don't wish to export to another program I will simply Control/Shift/E and usually the photo is saved in the same folder as the original.  Perfect.

All of a sudden, when I do as described above, it creates in my "My Pictures" a new folder entitled "2015".  No idea why or how this happened or where it is originating from but I don't like it.  A little thing, but still...

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Export presets, that control, where anything exported, is then saved.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I fooled around with that and changed it to MOVE instead of ADD and it no longer creates a folder when exported so I think all is good now.

Really appreciate your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"MOVE and ADD" have nothing to do with Exporting! So what exactly did you change?

[Ctrl + Shift + E] will Export selected file/s using the 'last used' Export dialog, so if you have changed the dialog, or used another Export Preset, then the changes will be the settings used by the keyboard shortcut.

And the location, including any sub-folder, for the Exports is set in the Dialog: It pays to check the options here frequently!

Rob_Cullen_0-1655522888685.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest- Instead of the keyboard shortcut- Click on the [Export] button on the lower-left of screen and actually check all the options that are currently set in the Export dialog.

If the destination for the exported files is not correct- change it.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines