• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen goes black in develop module

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to CC lightroom for windows.  the screen goes black when working in the develop module.  I tried unchecking the graphics box but this didn't fix the problem.  I have a NVIDIA Geforce 940MX graphics card.  Does anyone have any other ideas as this is useless to me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Edit to add-actually it crashes my computer and I have to turn it off by the power button to restart

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit to add-actually it crashes my computer and I have to turn it off by the power button to restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this get resolved mecochran?  Reently, LR started showing total black on any most photos that I cropped after I accepted the crop.  I can usually resolve this by reversing the crop but I have no idea why it happens.  I am only cropping, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Moving the cursor while in Develop causes monitor screen to go dark for a few seconds. Wait. Screen comes back on. Move cursor. Screen goes dark. Wait. Screen comes back on. Move cursor. Screen goes dark. One Macbook Pro. Two LG Monitors. One very frustrated photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same/similar issue I think. I run two monitors side by side and when I go into develop mode I normally have smaller image in the main GUI (graphics user interface) on left hand monitor, and full-screen version of image on right hand monitor. Since upgrading to classic CC v7.4 I occasionally lose image on left screen in main GUI In develop mode. The full screen version on right hand monitor remains, but no image displayed on 1st monitor. Only way I can fix this is to restart Lightroom. I’m using win 7 with necessary service packs and AMD Radeon 380 graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody? Bueller? Adobe? This has been marked "answered" and yet there does not seem to be an answer to the question or problem. I have tried disabling GPU acceleration, all Apple "hot corners", Apple Dashboard, resetting the PRAM, and matching up the color profiles on the two monitors and laptop. The problem persists. The screen on the UHD monitor goes black in Develop module everytime I move the cursor with any tool (brush, gradient, etc.) selected. Maddening when trying to edit photos. Defeats purpose of the software. Adobe? Anyone? Can we get an answer and/or fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, ever since I got updated to Lightroom CC Classic 8.1 2 days ago.

I don't even see any reference to GPU support under Performance preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K_Georgiadis  wrote

I have the same problem, ever since I got updated to Lightroom CC Classic 8.1 2 days ago.

I don't even see any reference to GPU support under Performance preferences!

The check box [Use Graphics Processor]  is right there at the top of the page- If you do not see it, post a screen-clip of what you do see.

Click to remove the 'tick' and restart Lightroom.

ScreenShot059.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it now and it seems to work but Adobe should take note that any "update" that changes the user's setting without a warning is actually a downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent comment. I'm living with this problem caused by an upgrade now. It's frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We (other Lightroom users like yourself!) learn that (in general) using the Graphics Processor is often only an advantage for larger 4K monitors.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines