• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling and search

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am scrolling in the Library or Develop modes to search for a specific file name/pic, the file name in the ticker bar would update. Now I have to click on a picture in order to see where I am. Did a default change that I can switch back? Trying to be more effieicnt in my searcges. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the file name in the ticker bar would update."

Can you explain what you mean by the "ticker bar" -- that's not a term that LR uses.  Perhaps post a screenshot pointing to what you're referring to (or where you expect to the see the file name appear).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.24.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This explains nothing. What is the ticker bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Presume the "bar" is the top line of the Film strip.

I always see only the 'Selected' photo filename when I scroll in the Grid View. It stays as the Selected photo.

In Loupe View, or in the Develop module, and the filmstrip visible, the mouse scroll wheel DOES change the image Filename above the Filmstrip as the 'Selected' image changes!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried to find the official names but spent far too long searching. I am in Loupe View in the Devleop module and it does not update the film strip bar. It used to. Anyone know how to change this setting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am in Loupe View in the Devleop module and it does not update the film strip"

The behavior of LR is different depending on the details of how you're scrolling:

1. Precisely are you scrolling the film strip?  With the mouse wheel, arrow keys, or the horizontal scroll bar below the film strip?

2. If you're using the mouse wheel, exactly where is the mouse cursor positioned -- over the filmstrip, the Loupe image, or somewhere else?

3. As you scroll the filmstrip, does the thumb in the Navigator panel (upper-left corner) change or stay the same?

4. As you scroll the filmstrip, does the Loupe image(the large image) change or stay the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I am scrolling the film strip with my imac magic mouse. The mouse curser is on the filmstrip. The filmstrip scrolls. The Navigator image does not change. The Loupe image does not change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"scrolling the film strip with my imac magic mouse. The mouse curser is on the filmstrip. The filmstrip scrolls. The Navigator image does not change. The Loupe image does not change."

When the mouse cursor hovers over a thumbnail in the filmstrip, the normal behavior is for the filmstrip's file name to change to that of the thumbnail and for the Navigator to display that thumbnail.  So as you use the mouse wheel to scroll, the mouse cursor highlights new thumbnails, and the file name and Navigator change accordingly.

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior like this. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted Lightroom and that took care of it. I should have thougth of that. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. It's most unfortunate that restarting LR and resetting preferences works around so many bugs in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines