• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing a shared album from Lightroom in Lightroom Classic

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a "share" issue, and wonder if I missed an obvious setting or if this is simply not possible.

I work mostly on Lightroom (cloud based) and use regularly Classic (for books, prints…). I can see my own albums there and am used to share them (for display or collaboration/editing).

I wanted to share and album that a Classic photographer friend could contribute to. I used the same process, share, rights, send URL. He received the mail, clicked on it, not having Lr (cloud) installed, opened on the web.

He was not able to see MY shared album on HIS Lightroom Classic.

What we eventually did was have him create an album from HIS lightroom web version (lightroom.adobe.com), share it with me, it would appear in HIS LrC and in MY Lr.

And since this album, shared, cannot be seen from Classic, I see no way to easily add RAW images by a Classic photographer.

Tell me if I overlooked one setting, because I really see this as an opportunity for long term LrC Classic users to dip a toe into Lr (cloud) world.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did turn on the Can Contribute settings here in the dropdown? It's easy to miss.

cmgap_0-1641828556803.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that was my main pain point, he was a first time user of anything online from Lightroom, and I use and demonstrate it regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't see a shared Lightroom folder from another user in Lightroom Classic. You need to use Lightroom Desktop for that feature. Your Classic friend will have Lightroom Desktop in their subscription so that's what they should use for this. They can use Classic to sync some images up to the cloud and then use Lightroom Desktop to contribute those images to the shared gallery. That is probably the only way to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the other user saves the album into their LrClassic collections from the browser version they should be able to see, edit and add images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines