• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Pictures with Comments

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you share a picture by making a collection "Public", viewers have an opportunity to add comments to that collection when they view it on the web.  That comment can then be viewed below the metadata panel back in Lightroom Classic.  My question is how can you select and isolate only those pictures that have comments.  I'd prefer to do this with a "Smart Collection" or using a tool such as "Any Filter".  I can't seem to find those comments in a smart collection.

I have an example of the comment in the two screen shots I attached.  One shows the comment in the web collection.  The other screen shot shows it in Lightroom Classic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

LR Classic provides a very limited means of doing this. In the Collections panel, select a synced collection. Then in the toolbar at the bottom, set Sort: Last Comment Time:

johnrellis_0-1674977861106.png

Photos with recent comments and likes will be sorted at the top of grid view, and photos with comment and likes will appear before those without. 

Note that you can only sort by Last Comment Time when you have

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

LR Classic provides a very limited means of doing this. In the Collections panel, select a synced collection. Then in the toolbar at the bottom, set Sort: Last Comment Time:

johnrellis_0-1674977861106.png

Photos with recent comments and likes will be sorted at the top of grid view, and photos with comment and likes will appear before those without. 

Note that you can only sort by Last Comment Time when you have exactly one synced collection selected -- the option is unavailable when you have more than one selected.  It would be trivial to allow multiple collections to be selected, but Adobe has ignored requests to do so.

Also note that the menu command View > Sort > Last Comment Time is always greyed out, due to a bug that's never been fixed.

If you want the ability to filter and search comments and likes across multiple collections or multiple publishing services, see the Any Comment Command. It's a little inconvenient to use but gets the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John.  I was hoping to find comments across all public collections.  I'll give "Any Comment" a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines