• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Subject - How to Subtract ?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected a subject. Selection also included a rock. I clicked on Subtract->Brush. 

Brusing is not subtracting the selection.

Please help. I have attached screen recording.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry .. Here is the correct screenrecording video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few comments in no particular order:

• You have "Flow" set quite low, for your Brush - the effect of brushing may not be so instantly obvious, as when that was high or maximum.
  • Whenever brushing will have the effect of Subtract you should see a minus icon at the brush indicator centre. IOW the more you brush on, the more subtracted areas you are making. You may be accustomed to holding down a key modifier (Alt on Windows, I assume Option on Mac) for erasing from - reducing the extent of - a standard brushed mask: the kind that adds adjustment wherever you've painted. But in this case you don't want that key modifier, because this mask is in effect removing adjustment . You'd want that key modifier only to correct if you'd brushed too much subtraction on (the brush centre then changing temporarily to a plus icon, since that erasure would be allowing selection to happen again, in those places).
  • I can't quite see in your video whether it is checked, but Automask may get in the way of achieving a clean area of removal. Probably useful just along the boundary of the rock where that adjoins the Subject selection parts you want to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Richard for the reply. 

It suddenly started workin now. not sure what went wrong.

sorry for the short video though. there is limit of 47MB .. so I had to finish recording so quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines