• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting multiple images in map view

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic and I am in the process of assigning locations to my images.  How do I enter the same location to the location metadata for multiple images at the same time?  I know how to drag multiple images onto the same spot on the map, but how do I type additional information in the location metadata?  For example, if I select and drag four images of Mount Rushmore to that location on the map, Lightroom will automatically assign the GPS coordinates, but will not put "Mount Rushmore" in the "Sublocation" field, nor will it enter South Dakota in the "State."  Even if I use Shift-select to highlight all four images, Lightroom only enters the location details one-by-one. 

What am I missing?

Thanks. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Are you referring to LR's automatic address suggestions or typing manually into the location fields?

When I drag three images to Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center at Mt. Rushmore,  LR fills in City, State, and Country for all three images with automatic address suggestion:

johnrellis_0-1665973241654.png

If that's not happening for you, verify that you've enabled the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Look Up City, State and Country Of GPS Coordinates.

If you're typing "Mt. Rushmore" manually into the Sublocation field, and it's only entering it for the current most-selected photo, then go to Grid view, make sure multiple photos are selected, and click Selected Photos in the Metadata panel:

johnrellis_1-1665973467788.png

When Target Photo is selected, then when you type into metadata fields, only the most-selected photo is changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines