Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selecting photos efficiently

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can somebody please advise me on the best way to import, select and delete photos?

Do you 'add' or 'copy' into lightroom?

Do you slelect in lightroom and delete from hard disk?

Cheers

Phil

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add or copy depends on your current workflow. My suggestion is to use copy and let LrC manage creating needed folder structure, copying, renaming ... 

I'd then go over the new import in full screen mode with caps lock turned on and use P, U and X key. After that simply remove the X marked photos with the dedicated function for this in the menu. 

My suggestion is to remove from disk as well. I don't see why I would keep photo files on disk that I removed because I didn't like them.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much, cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can somebody please advise me on the best way to import, select and delete photos?

Do you 'add' or 'copy' into lightroom?

Do you slelect in lightroom and delete from hard disk?

Cheers

Phil

By @phil15C3

Lightroom Classic provides four methods for importing, ADD, COPY, MOVE and COPY as DNG, becuase different people have different needs. There is no such thing as “best” globally.

You choose ADD if you want the photos to remain in the folder that they are in, then Lightroom Classic leaves them alone, doesn't MOVE or COPY them — this is usually the choice when the photos are on a hard disk before import. You use COPY if you want Lightroom Classic to make a copy and put them somewhere else — this is usually the choice when the photos are on the camera card before import.

As you can see, you have to figure out which one works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines