• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Captions on many photos: no longer working? (Windows)

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using LR Classic for years and years ... and the latest version(s) seem to have broken a super-common task for me

- select all

- in the Metadata panel ... type some text to set the caption:

BUG: it only gets set for the first image and not for all the images in the selection.

I've tried this with multiple file types (JPG, RAW), and multiple metadata panel choices (eg. Quick Description, Large Caption) -- same issue in every case.

LR Classic Version 11.0.1  Windows

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic 11, there is an option you have to set.

2021-12-22 16_12_14-Lightroom Classic.png

Side note: it pays to read the What's New that appears when you launch a new version for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on dj_paige's reply, that option has been present in LR all along, via the menu item Metadata > Show Metadata For Target Photo Only. When LR 11 added the Target Photo / Selected Photos in the Metadata panel to display that option, they bungled the implementation and failed to copy over the user's previous setting, causing large amounts of confusion.

So while I agree that it's very good advice to read the release notes accompanying new versions of LR (or any program), in this specific case, that shouldn't have been necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines