Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Setting up Lr classic

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a massive failure of my computer sometime back. I was successfully using Lr classic. Each imported photo was sent to a separate hard dive with a copy sent to still another hard drive. Once I got my computer running again (it took a while) I have tried to set Classic up in much the same manner. I have been unable to do this. I have looked at various tutorials but what they are showing is often missing that part, or I think supports an earlier version. Can someone point me to an up-to-date turtorial that can help me?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Queen has a blog on Restoring a Catalog- (you may need to unzip from a backup)

RESTORE A CATALOG FROM BACKUP

Then you will most likely need to relink the photos to the catalog-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

If your Catalog and photos are stored in exactly the same Folder locations in the new 'system' as before, nothing should need 'Restoring'. The Catalog should work as before by a [Double-Click] on the Catalog .LRCAT file..

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines