• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up LRC on a new computer

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up a new computer. I have downloaded Lightroom Classic but my photos aren't there? How do I get my photos from one computer to another (I am paying a monthly fee so I believed this was cloudbased and as long as I logged on they would show up - what am I missing??)  I am not as tech savvy as most on here so please speak in simple terms 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Detailed instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Lightroom Classic is not Cloud based at all, it is based upon photos being stored on your computer's hard drives, so you will have to move the photos from the old computer to the new. You will also have to move the catalog file from the old computer to the new. Then you re-link LrC catalog to the location of the photos on the new computer (see section 6). DO NOT IMPORT! That is so important I am going to say it three more times: DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! DO NOT IMPORT! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - thanks so much.  I will follow these instructions - when creating my backups, there is no "Backup Catalog" selection in LRC (one instruction list had that) so am I just moving all the LR files in the adobe folder onto my external drive?  Again, my apologies if this seems overly simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so am I just moving all the LR files in the adobe folder onto my external drive?

Specifically you need to move the LrC catalog and the photos to the new computer, and maybe a few other things described at that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines