• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shadow tint only works on raw files, but other camera calibration sliders work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. I can adjust the channel hue and saturation on any image but the shadow tint slider has zero effect even dragged to the maximum unless I am using a raw file. Sometimes I have older TIFFs or JPEGs and want to use that slider, but I can't.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your LrC preferences file as detailed in the below article. It can resolve many unexplained issues. Place a copy of the current Preferences file on your desktop so it can be easily restored if the issue persists. See if that fixes the Shadow control issue. I assume by Shadow you mean the Luminace control. Is that correct? If not show us a screeshot of the control.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that is by design (and I see the same behavior), that entire pane is really for raws.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the camera calibration panel, not the color grading one. The shadow tint slider controls the green-magenta tint but only applies it to shadows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the camera calibration panel, not the color grading one.

By @default5atvrwz4xhrv

So am I.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with @TheDigitalDog The Calibration panel Shadows control only works with raw files. For JPEG and TIF files you could use a Luminace Range Mask with its Tint control. What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

2022-04-05_8-10-50.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines