• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share Photos with my editor

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I have an assistant who edits for me that lives in another state.  I'm wondering if we can use Creative Cloud to collaborate.  This is our usual workflow:

• Send her LR catalog of images via WeTransfer
  • She edits in LR and sends it back to me so, and I add additional adjustments in photoshop

I would love to have her do everything for me.  Is it possible to use cloud to accomplish the workflow below?

• Share LR catalog of images via creative cloud
  • She edits in LR and then takes images into PS for final details
  • She saves files as psd's for me to save/approve

Ultimately I want to eliminate all of the back-and-forth transferring of files via a 3rd party service.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do what you suggest, but with a couple of caveats. In order for use the Adobe cloud, you would first have to ensure that you have uploaded a copy of the original files to the cloud (if you sync them to the cloud from Lightroom Classic, only 2560 pixel Smart Previews would be uploaded, which wouldn't be suitable for processing in Photoshop). Once in the cloud you could use either the Lightroom Desktop app or the Lightroom Web app to create an album containing the images that you wish to send to the editor, and you would have to make sure that when you send the invitation to the editor you set the access rights to "Can Edit".

On receipt of the invitation, the editor accepts it and from that point the shared album will appear in her Lightroom Desktop app and/or Lightroom Web app, and she can start to edit them from that point. Note that she would have no easy acess to the album and its images in Lightroom Classic. Assuming she uses the Lightroom desktop app (it has better editing tools than the Web app), she can also use Edit in Photoshop from there and the returned image would be added directly to the shared album (meaning you can see the edits she makes on the original AND the derivative that she creates in PS, all more or less in real time). However, the default file-type for editing in PS from Lightroom is Tiff, not PSD.

Bottom line: yes you can eliminate all that transferring of data back and forth, but there may be some compromises that you would need to accept. It's a very slick and simple process once setup.

One thing I should mention....if your LrC catalog is synced to the cloud, the originals that you add to the Lightroom desktop app will also download into LrC, the album that you create in Lightroom would appear as a collection in LrC, and YOU would have visibility in LrC of the work done by the editor. It's just the editor who would be unable to use LrC in this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are attempting this method now.  Thank you for your reply.  Hopefully, it will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just embed all the edits, camera profile etc into a DNG and send that one (or more) documents. That's the beauty of the DNG container. Further edits can be done in ACR or LR, the DNG will hold the edits. The iffy part may be masks (I haven't checked that, but the DNG should hold them by now). 

Edit: Made a mask in LR, applied an edit, and used Command S (save metadata). 

Opened in ACR: mask and edit exist. So that's all good. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the easiest method!  Thank you so much for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines