• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing my experience with Subject Selection. In some cases it just fails

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sharing some examples where the subject selection failed miserably. The AI engine needs such feedback to improve.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take this as just confirming these reptiles' natural camouflage is effective! 

If AI and our own eyes are both about as easily fooled 'at first glance', this suggests the AI is on the right track so far as matching the peculiarities of our own vision; is "seeing" in a similar way. IMO that is about as much as we can ask of it.

If too susceptible t would just produce a lot of "false positives", that we ourselves would not have considered to be the obvious subjects of those photos. In clouds, in random variations in the rocks, whatever. It needs the option to conclude, "I don't see anything remarkable here". The reptiles are specifically adapted towards that result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the argument of camouflage. However I feel there is sufficient contrast in the images to be able to pick out the subject. If it is not sure the software could make couple of suggestions and ask the user to select the correct one. Why it has chosen to select the blurred sides beats me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre v11, when working on such lizard photos, I have always had issues masking them using auto. These being lizards in the South West.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a Sky selection on this image and it failed.

DhandaNot_0-1637740286799.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Select Subject?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like Adobe to make note of this and improve their AI engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines