Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Shift+CTRL+S not syncing *intermittantly*

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I process large amounts of pageantry (marching band) photos to my Smugmug site.  They are organized in seperate galleries in SM, and also on my computer.  The Export dialogue in LR is crucial to me being able to process efficiently. I use a gaming mouse with macros synced to the buttons. I use presets to start a batch and adjust settings on the fly...using the "sync settings" command.  The keyboard shortcut is Shift+CTRL+S (I've worn the letters off my keyboard!).  Since the last update LR is just wonky...*sometimes* when I use this shortcut it'll point my selected images to LUMINAR!  When this happens I have to reset all of my export dialogue box!  AHHHHHH...in fact, just now I had to do it during a batch and missed the quality setting slider and had to redo 50 images.  This is VERY not good!  Would this condition be caused by my mouse?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK [Ctrl+Shift+S] is a KB shortcut to sync Development edits from one photo to other selected photos in the Develop module.

Is that your intention with this shortcut? You are talking about 'Exporting'. Do you mean [Ctrl + Shift + E]?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds, to me, more like a job for AutoSync.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what publishing to Smuhmug has to do with your shortcut.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been a number of previous reports the last couple of years about this, with the shortcut Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + S invoking Export rather than Sync Settings:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-sync-settings-auto... 

(That bug report wasn't copied from the old forum to this one for some reason.) 

The submitter said resetting preferences fixed the problem, though of course that's pretty painful to set all your desired settings. If resetting preferences fixes the problem, you could use my free Snapshot Prefs plugin, which makes periodic backups of your preferences file. When the bug strikes, you could revert to a recent backup, avoiding the need to set all your desired settings.

But that other thread also has some discussion with Adobe empoyee Rikk Flohr about whether the Logitech utility that translate mouse-button presses to keystrokes might be the proximate cause of the problem:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-sync-settings-auto...

Unfortunately, there was no reply to Rikk's suggestion about temporarily uninstalling the Logitech software to see if it's causing conflicts with keyboard shortcuts.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines