• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut to delete masks (or at least copy settings WITHOUT masks being included)?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't posted here in a bit, but I'm working through a big batch of photos in lightroom 11 for the first time, and i've noticed that whenever I copy settings from previous photo, the masks copy over (even though I've disabled the function in the copy setting panel). And since I can't find a keystroke to delete the masks (this was quick and easy to do with the gradients in previous versions), I have to move my hands, off my editing console and physically click on the mask panel TWICE every time this happens.

it's a big time suck and interrupts the flow of processing. Has anybody figured out a workaround for this yet?

andydbell_0-1635800231035.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also trying to figure out how to default show overlay to OFF every time a place a new mask.

trouble shooting a bunch of things that always worked great is not a fun start to my week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mask panel, the tree dots

\...

Various options, including turning off automatically show overlay.

As for shortcuts, notice when you bring up the dialog, the option to delete the mask, etc, no shortcuts shown as is often the case, so probably no shortcut.

And a very good tutorial, long but inclusive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

After watching this, check out the latest massive updates here: PEOPLE MASKING & MORE! What's new in Lightroom October 2022 https://youtu.be/uLJBqS9g4O0 Welcome to the world-exclusive first LIGHTROOM MASKING TUTORIAL! A massive update to the Adobe Lightroom suite of apps (and Adobe Camera Raw) ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!! i see! my menu actually says "automatically TOGGLE overlay" which i thought meant something completely different.

and i think the problem with mask resets isn't a lack of shortcuts in lightroom. i actually had a midi signal bound to that functionality through a 3rd party program. so i guess now that they're called masks instead of gradients, i need to wait for that software to be updated before my workflow can get back to normal.

is anyone experiencing problems with masks copying from previous, even though the option is deselected? or am I the only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"whenever I copy settings from previous photo, the masks copy over (even though I've disabled the function in the copy setting panel)."

It doesn't happen with my LR 11.  Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines