• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to deselect unchosen photo after finish comparing photos in LR library module

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably easy for many of you, but I tried searching and chatting with support to no avail. 

Lightroom Classic 12.3

macOS 12.6.5

After I am done comparing photos in the library module and press the C key to end compare, the last two images that were compared are still selected in the filmstrip. I want to deselect the image that was on the rightside, but keep my chosen image that was on the leftside selected. Is there a shortcut? command + D deselects both. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Try  Forward Slash [/]  It will select the 'primary' image in Grid view, or step through selected photos in Compare mode.

or [Cmd + Shift + D] in Grid view selects 'primary' image.

[Down Arrow] to Switch Select & Candidate in Compare mode.

[Up Arrow] Advances Compare view and selects the previous Candidate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try  Forward Slash [/]  It will select the 'primary' image in Grid view, or step through selected photos in Compare mode.

or [Cmd + Shift + D] in Grid view selects 'primary' image.

[Down Arrow] to Switch Select & Candidate in Compare mode.

[Up Arrow] Advances Compare view and selects the previous Candidate.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! the  [Cmd + Shift + D] in Grid view works for me! Apoligies for the delay, but my Post was hanging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines