Shortkeys not working on mac with a Numpad (french keyboard)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I need your knowledge to solve a problem under Mac...

I used to use windows and never had a problem like this.

I have a magic Keyboard without a numeric keypad... and I got a Staechi numpad as a gift ^^ I was happy to use numbers easily on lightroom... but......

- It already marks a comma instead of a period, and the "clear" key doesn't work.
- the keyboard shortcuts in Adobe and especially lightroom don't work properly at all. The 1 2 3 4 5 give notes. On the other hand the 6789 just say "delete label (color associated with the key).
- no support for key combinations such as Shift+digit, Cmd+digit...

Adobe doesn't understand where the problem comes from and made me contact Apple, which sends the ball back to Adobe for the following reasons:
- the Numpad Satechi works great under windows (even with key combinations shift, alt etc)
- works on mac only when I put the keyboard in English (but then, I have a QWERTY and not an AZERTY on the magic keyboard --> which is crazy on apple ... impossible to configure only the numpad

I tested a windows numpad under mac : exactly the same problem as with the Satechi...

No answer from Satechi.

Is it usual on mac ??? how to solve this problem ??

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines