• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show clipping doesn't work for some camera profiles

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, show clipping stopped working for me. I've now tracked down the problem. 

It seems to be a bug related to certain camera profiles. If I use the newer Fuji profiles (Classic Neg or Bleach Bypass), clipped areas no longer show, even if I push the exposure, black and white points etc all the way to the end of the scale. Exactly the same problem seems to happen in Camera RAW.

Any suggestions for a workaround? Switching to another profile is not helpful because it produces a different histogram.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.

Also, choose one of the problem raws and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File. Upload the raw and its .xmp sidecar to Dropbox or similar and include the sharing link in your post. That will make it much easier for Adobe to reproduce the problem and make it more likely they will act on it faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was probably done on purpose to best emulate the in-camera rendering when using these "film type" settings.

https://www.fujifilm.com/jp/en/news/hq/695#

"Fujifilm's unique Film Simulation function has been added with the new “CLASSIC Neg” mode, simulating color negative film traditionally chosen for snapshots of day-to-day scenes, so that users can enjoy high-quality photo with versatile tonal variations."

Try shooting raw+JPEG with the in-camera CLASSIC Neg mode setting and see if the JPEGS without any other settings applied inside LrC exhibit no highlight or shadow clipping. If so you have your answer....it's by design! If not then as John Ellis suggested create a problem report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines