---Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 19.19.png

 

Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 19.30.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you click on any of those sliders?

Does changing to Library Module behave properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnbt try clicking on the panel sliders but clicking on the panels and trying to move them had no effect, not could I click on anything on the desktop ,it operated AS IF the images were there. 

I suspect it was due to GPU enabled, I have disabled that (unchecked it( and will wait to see if it reoccurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but clicking on the panels and trying to move them had no effect, 

To me, that implies LrC failed, and what you see on the display is basically a ghoast, LrC is not actually runnung.

Try a cold boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

I dont know what a cold boot is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A cold boot as opposed to a warm boot means to turn the computer off, wait a few seconds, then turn the computer back on.

A warm boot is to tell the computer to restart

Both a cold boot and a warm boot can clear out anything in memory, but a warm boot will not clear out CACHE, Temp files, and others.

https://techterms.com/definition/cold_boot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that one of your computers is based on Intel CPU with AMD GPU and the other is Apple M1 SOC, then it's very unlikley to be the GPU. Therfore, I suggest you check to see what you have installed on both computers that LrC accesses/uses (i.e. third party plug-ins, Editors, denoisers, etc). You should be able to check which, if any non Adobe plug-ins you have installed by opening System Info (Help > System Info) and scrolling down to the Plug-ins section (see below screenshot). In below example, you'll see the 5 plug-ins installed by default. If you have others not listed below, then they can be temporarily disabled using the Plug-in Manager (File > Plug-in Mansger)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ill try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still getting it . It is annoyingly random

Occurs about once a week.  The only solution is to quit and reopen. This usually sorts it. Baffling

Are there any other diagnostic tips I can try without it being a major hassle?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled plug ins

Incidentally my desktop is Mid-grey now so the back ground is desktop not lightroomScreenshot 2021-08-29 at 11.24.33.pngScreenshot 2021-08-29 at 11.27.28.pngScreenshot 2021-08-29 at 11.42.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first screenshot shows another application running in background. If this application runs on both affected computers, then it would be worth closing it to check whether doing so helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed 'stickies' is running which is a Mac standard application but nothing apart from the ( the rest is the end of a tone wedge that is part of the background desktop picture)

certainly I'll try closing all other apps. I have however used Lr without this issue (or any other) for years with lots of apps including stickies open and had no problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines