• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sigma APO 50-150 showing as Sigma 70-200

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import photos taken with a Sigma APO 50-150mm f2.8 II EX DC HSM lens they show in the metatdata as a Sigma 70-200mm EX DG Macro HSM II.

This is with the latest version of LR on a Windows 10x64 PC.  It happens everytime I do an import to every single photo taken with that lens.  Photos taken with Pentax lenses are fine.  The body is a Pentax K3iii.

I can put the correct lens in the Lens Corrections, I believe I can change the actual metadata with EXIF TOOL, but none of that should be necessary.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, ExifToolGUI shows the Lens Type for the Sigma as 'Sigma Lens (8 255)' but for my Pentax 16-85mm as 'HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To add, ExifToolGUI shows the Lens Type for the Sigma as 'Sigma Lens (8 255)'" This sounds like a problem with your camera and/or lens combination and not a LrC issue. LrC uses the value for the camera and lens type from the MAKER NOTE tags in metadata.

EXIFTOOL provides a list of  Pentax LensType Values which seems to relate to what you are seeing for lens.

Have you updated any firmware lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The camera model is new this year, I've put the latest firmware on and it didn't make any difference - the EXIF has the 255.1 lens not the 255.3 lens and the LensType shows as 'Sigma Lens (8 255)' in ExifTool.

I did find the ExifTool page you refer to, specifically:

'8 255' = Sigma Lens (8 255)
'8 255.1' = Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II
'8 255.2' = Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG APO [OS] HSM
'8 255.3' = Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 II APO EX DC HSM - this is what it should be
'8 255.4' = Sigma 4.5mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye
'8 255.5' = Sigma 50-200mm F4-5.6 DC OS
'8 255.6' = Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM

I wonder how I report this to Pentax?  The camera is a new model this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add further this is shown as a supported lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines