• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silver efex pro 3 and Viveza

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using silver efex pro and viveza with LR, the photos are edited fine in those programs, but when they return to LR Classic, the develop module is blank.  The other Nik software works fine with LR classic, and these two programs work fine in PS.  I am up to date with the nik software and using the monthly subscription to adobe, so everything is current.  I have contacted Nik twice, but their sollutions did not work.  Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the OS and version number as well as the LrC exact version.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR classic is 11.3.1 release and the mac is monterey version 12.4.  I have gotten around this problem by using PS when I want to use Silver Efex or Viveza, but it would be nice to not have to go to PS.  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@klwbrue I havn't upgraded to Monterey 12.4 yet. I will probably do that this evening and check it out.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks for replying. Hopefully, you will not have any issues.

Karen B
kbruechle@socal.rr.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen, 

I installed Nik collection 4 on my MBP M1 Max to test the issue you raised.

I get the same results in both Silver Efx 3 and Viveza. When the image comes back to LrC from Nik, the Develop window is blank, showing only the background color. I am able to get the image to show in Develop by clicking on another image in the thumbnails below the main window and then clicking back on the image that was not showing. Sometimes, clicking or hovering in the Navigator window will bring the image back in view in Develop.

I will also try this on my Win 10 pc which is my main processing machine. The MBP is mainly a travel machine and almost never do serious processing on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. That works intermittently for me. I have tried
using jpeg and tif and adobe rgb and srgb, and get the same results.

If I can get a photo to show up in the develop module and make changes, the
changes I make in the develop module do not show up in the library module.
Very strange. If I use silver efex thru PS, then there are no issues with
the develop module.

I appreciate you trying to help, but I am beginning to think this is
hopeless. The fact that I have the same issue on two computers leads me to
think it is a problem with LR.

If you find anything out, please let me know.

Thanks,
Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Karen. 

I run into this problem sometimes also, more frequently with Viveza than the other Nik programs. I can usually resolve it by right-clicking the blank image thumbnail in the filmstrip at the bottom of the Develop module, then selecting "Metadata/Read Metadata from File." 

I always use Nik Collection tools with tiff files created from raw files ("Edit a copy with Lightroom Adjustments", that is); I'm not sure if it's appropriate for jpgs if you are editing them in Nik without creating a copy.

There's often a delay updating images on return from a Nik Collection program; I've never quite figured out if it's a Nik or Lightroom issue, but maybe this will help.

Regards,

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I will give it a try.  I do use the same settings to take photos into Nik.  It is so strange that everything works fine in Photoshop, but not in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can get a photo to show up in the develop module and make changes, the
changes I make in the develop module do not show up in the library module.
I think that's a separate issue. You can search this forum for posts on that issue. I'm not seeing it myself.
You can always roll back to LrC 11.2 in the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines