• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since latest update, I cannot export large panorama files anymore

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a problem exporting large panoramas before. This image is 30,156 x 13,884. It will not export from Lightroom Classic. Normally if something like this would happen, a quick reboot and we would be off to the races. Rebooting did not seem to have any effect. It just sits at "Export 1 file" forever.

Screenshot 2021-09-08 213842.jpg

It doesn't look like Lightroom is actually doing anything, either.

Screenshot 2021-09-08 214015.jpg

I attached my system info to this post. Anyone having similar issues?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could  LrC not accomplish the Photo Merge PANO, or you just prefer to do so in PS? (content aware fill, better stitching, less hickup, etc)

So large that PS needed to save as a PSB?

How big is it?

How much space do you allow Camera RAW CACHE do get? (not sure if that is important)

Any error message?

some notes from the attachment the OP posted

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19042

Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.6GHz

Built-in memory: 32693.9 MB

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 20394.7 MB

Memory cache size: 208.0MB

Camera Raw virtual memory: 4408MB / 16346MB (26%)
Camera Raw real memory: 4397MB / 32693MB (13%)

Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 2560x1440

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (27.21.14.6140)

Library Path: X:\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-v10.lrcat

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) jf Smart-Collection Sync
4) LensTagger Exif Tool
5) Teekesselchen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large was the bracket? How many rows, how many columns (how many individual frames), how large a sensor?

Would recommend sharing via dropbox, but just how large did it get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking an interest in this, GoldingD. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions as concisely as possible.

It's a stack of 90 photos. I shot 3 bracketed shots per perspective. So that's probably 3 rows, 10 columns per row, 3 photos per perspective at -2 0 +2. I'm shooting at 50mm f/11 with an R5 so it's a 45mp sensor. The slightly cropped pano is 30,156 x 13,884 (~397.6 megapixels). Well under the maximum size for Lightroom and Photoshop.

I did the merge in Lightroom Classic. No issues there. The only reason it went into Photoshop is that I wanted to remove the railing and clean up some branches. I was able to quickly edit a copy in Photoshop and yes it did save as a PSB. I didn't have a problem until I tried to export as a JPEG. (For some more context, I know all about max file sizes in LR having done many of my merges in PTGui when my panoramas get too large, but that wasn't the case here.)

My Camera Raw Cache is at 120GB. I could probably try bumping that up if necessary.

There's nothing inherently special about this panorama verses the ones I've done before.

So here is what happened next. I ran the export and went to bed. When I woke up, it was finished. So, it did finally do it,. Is there any way to get debugging information from Lightroom for what it is doing during the delay? I tried again this morning and it seems to be stuck again, so not sure how many minutes/hours it took to finally go through last night. It wouldn't bother me as much if the Task Manager showed it was doing something... but it's just sitting there. Haha.

Thanks again for your help and let me know if you need anything else from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and one last thing. The DNG file:

IRIS8714-HDR-Pano.dng  1.6GB

IRIS8714-HDR-Pano.psb  4.5GB

IRIS8714-HDR-Pano.jpg  282MB (when it finally exported)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to update this by saying that it is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you are using a graphics card, disable it in edit/preferences/use graphics processor.  that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines