• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since LR Classic upgrade to Big Sur 10.5.6 and now Monterey, Import does not respond

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upgraded Big Sur to the last version (10.5.6?) and then to Monterey, LR Classic fails to Import anything.  The expended Import dialog never opens, the Import button reports with a pop-up as to not having permissions to write to a folder that does not nor has ever existed.

I spent five (5) hours a month ago with Adobe Support where three (3) different support personnel spent time changing permissions to damn near every folder and drive to no avail.  The last decided to go the the Root User and reboot, which of course disconnected the session and presented me with a useless desktop.

The system is back to running, and I can keyword and process images, but it is impossible to Import which makes LR basically useless for the last 50,000 I shot in Alaska and Tanzania.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of this message. Click on the "Insert Photos" icon to include screen captures in your reply.

... as to not having permissions to write to a folder that does not nor has ever existed.

I believe you can edit the preference file and change the Destination Folder in there and enter a folder that does exist. It's really just a text file. (Or delete/remove the preferences file). https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.54.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe techs did the removal of the plist files three times, to no effect.  I just did it again with the same result...nada.  This is a Permissions problem which started with the last upgrade of Big Sur (which had some Monterey elements in it) and continues with full Monterey.

After two hours with Apple, their suggestion is to bring the MacPro into one of their stores.  Yeah, right.  Apple can't even fix the Screen Saver they broke with Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines