• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Lightroom catalog that can be accessible by Lightroom (Windows) and Lightroom (Mac)

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I have Lightroom running on a iMac and a smaller MacBook Air.  The catalog is on a portable drive that I can take around with me while traveling with the MacBook Air.  However, the MacBook Air is nearing it's end of life and I want to start using my PC laptop for traveling.  I know I can install Lightroom/Photoshop CC on my PC laptop, but I need to know what to do so that the PC laptop and the iMac recognize the portable drive where the catalog resides.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use relative paths (if possible).

See the LAST message in this thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-ability-to-use-relative-pat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, one more tidbit.  When I plug the portable drive into the Windows laptop, it is not recognized at all.  I'm guessing there's a formatting conflict, but I don't know what it is or what I would have to do to reformat the drive so that it is recognizable by both Windows and Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I plug the portable drive into the Windows laptop, it is not recognized at all."

Format the drive with Mac OS Disk Utility choosing ExFat:

https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/format-a-disk-for-windows-computers-dskutl1010/mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines