• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide show in LR classic v 11.0

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if it is a bug or what, but slide show does not work after I up graded LR Classic to 11.0. When I click pre wiew or show it starts working but after a very long time I get a message that it fails due to not beeing able to open Dynamic Media server. I am not using any movie clips, just jpeg pictures. It did work before. I use Windows 10.

I removed LR and reinstalled it, but problem is still there.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic.

Please try to go to the location C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe and rename the following folder with .old and after that open Lightroom Classic and check if that works.

1. dynamiclinkmediaserver
  2. dynamiclinkmanager

If the issue still persists, please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Tarun,

Thanks for your advice, but none of your suggestions helped. Renaming folders, resetting preferences, nothing helped. It looks like if everything else works though, only slide show is affected.

Yours Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Please go to the location "C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe" and open this folder "dynamiclinkmediaserver", you will see three folders there in which you have to open those folders and locate the file called “Trace Database.txt", if that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.

Restart Photoshop and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I am sorry to say that I did not find the three folders. Adobe svar dynamic.jpgUnder folder dynamiclinkmediaserver there is only one subfolder, 15.0 Under that folder I find an empty folder called logs, and file called memorybalancer 15.

The struggle continues.

Yours Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed a detail. As you see I did not open dynamiclinkmediaserver. But the only folder with that name is the the one I renamed with extension .old

Regards Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response!

Could you please share the screenshot of that location i.e C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe, where all of your folders are listed?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Tarun,

Here are two screenshots at the location U asked for.

Regards Inge

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

As I see you have a "Dynamiclinkmediaserver" folder in there. Could you please open that folder and

locate the file called “Trace Database.txt", if that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.

Restart Photoshop and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

There is a folder named Dynamiclinkmediaserver.old. I renamed it after your suggestion.

There is no other. When I open it I find 4 folders: 12.1, 12.1.0, 13.0 and finally 13.0.0. (screen shot 3)Screenshot_3.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg

Under both 12.1.0 and 13.0.0 there is a text file named "Trace database". I enclose the contents of the one in 13.0.0 (screenshot 4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say that I have not done anything with the files so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy and paste that folder somewhere else as a backup and try to delete that "Trace database.txt file" from all the folders if there is any and restart photoshop and check if that works.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I removed the two Trace database.txt files under Dynamiclinkmediaserver.old as I found before. (I found a whole lot more of these files under other folders than Dynamiclinkmediaserver.old. I did not remove them, only yhe two I mentioned earlier)

Then the program crashed an I got a report that I sent to Adobe.

regards Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate your patience. Could you please try to reinstall the Lightroom Classic from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if that helps?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The option reinstall does not exist in Creative cloud since I have latest version. I did remove and reinstalled once before (with <shift>+<alt> on start. The same.

regards Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got a mail today from Adobe support asking me to open this issue and mark "one correct"? What that means I don't understand. But since my last post I have done nothing, and it still does not work.

As I wrote last, I did not reinstall LR, since I had done that once before with no result, so I did not dare to do it again. I suppose I simply have to give up slide show option.

Regards Inge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slideshow ("Diashow") feature doesn't work for me either, with the latest Lr Classic v11.0.1 (latest patch applied).

I just recently subscribed to Lr Classic (3 weeks ago), so I cannot even tell whether the slideshow ever worked with Lr 11 (it did with my previous Lr 6 perpetual license ;)).

So what happens is when selecting a bunch of photos (like only 15) and presssing the "Play" ("Abspielen") button: I get a dialog saying "Preview for dia 1 is being preparted" ("Vorschau für Dia 1 wird vorbereitet"), but the progress bar is stuck "forever" (I now waited for over three minutes).

The same happens when I press the "Preview" ("Vorschau") button: dialog appears, progress bar won't move, stuck at "Dia 1".

Tried with different sets of (simple) JPEGs, same "blocking" result.

This is on an Intel iMac 27" 2020 with 32 GB RAM and an AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT GPU with 16 GB VRAM, running the latest macOS Big Sur (= all system patches applied. Not macOS Montery).

I have not modifed anything special in the slideshow, so essentially the default "Adjust to window size" ("An Fenstergrösse anpassen") slideshow template is selected, and all other slideshow options are left at their default values (this is literally the first time I tried the slideshow feature in Lr Classic 11).

And yes, the original photos are on a NAS, but they are reachable (network share mounted) and I can edit them just fine (in the development module, that is).  Right-click and "Show in Finder" shows the proper file location (so yes, the original photos can be found).

Of course the catalogue is migrated from Lr 6 (just near the 100'000 photos count, so quite small), but otherwise works as expected.

The slideshow is not "saved" (there is a button called "Diashow erstellen und speichern", which I never clicked): I literally just select a dozen or so photos in the catalogue, switch to the slideshow ("Diashow") module and press "Play" ("Abspielen"). And nothing happens besides the progress dialog showing up and seemingly stuck at the first photo already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines