• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slider Shortcuts when using a pencil

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the shortcuts and the workflow in Lightroom. Before the update I could do the following:

Press K to use the pencil and at the same time use slider's shortcuts to adjust general exposure. For example, I could increase exposure +2 while using the pencil to decrease exposure in some especifical places. This made editing very fast.

Now with the update the following happens:
Press K to use the pencil and if I try to adjust general exposure with slider's shortcuts it only allows me to decrease general exposure because when I try to increase general exposure it inverts the pencil.

The problem is that increase general exposure and invert pencil share the same shortcut, making it impossible to work the way it did before. It doesn't affect if I change language the system, because they still share the same shortcut. The real problem here is that Lightroom doens't let you change the shortcuts, like Photoshop, which could resolve this trouble. At the time, there's no way to resolve this because if I use a third software to modify shortcuts, it wouldn't allow me to change the "inside shortcuts" the LR has by default.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: the "inside shortcuts" that* LR has by default.

In this post I'm talking about exposure but it could be contrast, lights, shadows, etc. The problem is with the "increase slider" shortcut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have the sliders panel for the local adjustments in its 'collapsed' state. You will see a menu for local adjustment presets - it may be titled "effect". Next to this is a triangular arrow. If this is pointing to the right, click this and it will point down, and the local adjustments panel will open fully. This will remain open and the global adjustments will also be seen below. You can then change any settings in either panel, as you work with the brush.

Note that towards the bottom of this panel is a new checkbox to always reset adjustments. Un-check this, if you want previous local adjustment settings to be remembered.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it doesn't matter if I have collapsed or not the local adjustments, some shortcuts change when you use masks. I just find out that even the arrows (left or right) that usually change to the next or the previous photo, doesn't work when you are using masks, instead the arrows change the quantity of the local adjustment.

That's the problem, they should work as usually and LR should have another shortcut for changing the quantity. I mean, everything would be easily solved if you could modify hotkeys like Premiere or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines