• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow export has pixelation and odd behavior in the transitions

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exported the same slideshow a few times with different settings and still get the same problems. One transistion starts on image A, goes one frame to B, goes back to A and completes a normal transition to B. Another transition pixelates (like the image looks like a low-res mosaic). Once that transition is done, the image looks fine.

I've done hundreds of these - I'm a wedding a portrait photographer and I use the slideshows set to music to reveal the images to my clients - and I've never had a problem. I tried increasing raw cache, turning off gpu acceleration, restarting the program, etc. I've observed the slideshow via Windows Media Player, VLC and Premiere Pro - always with the same result.

I don't think it's the system, but I'll leave some specs in case it helps.

Windows 10 fully updated

LR Classic ver. 10.3

GPU EVGA RTX 3090 (current drivers)

CPU AMD R9 5950X

64GB 3600 CL14 RAM

Scratch Disk 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus M.2 SSD

I don't think it would matter but I'm viewing it on an LG 38" 3840x1600 IPS display.

I'd love some advice on this. If I can provide more info, just ask. I didn't include the slideshow or screenshots because I don't have permission from the client.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating another slideshow video using the same LrC settings with three image files you don't mind sharing. If that video exhibits the same issues upload it to a file sharing and we can investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a single transition from the slideshow - I blurred out the face. You can see the pixelation during the transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like video compression artifacts. What camera model, resolution (pixels x pixels) and file type are you using? Does it do the same thing with files from another camera model or when using JPEG export copies of the current files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about the compression artifacts, which is why I'm pretty confident that it's a LR issue.

I use a Sony A7R4 (typical resolution after cropping is averaged at around 5000px on the long edge - but I know this isn't a component because I've done landscape slideshows (prior to 10.3) of panos that were more like 23000 x 9000 with no issues (example below). I haven't done jpeg exports to make a slideshow mostly because I've never had to in the past and that would be a really crappy extra step in my workflow. Since LR 10, previews of slideshows now take about 8 times longer to process (no different computer hardware). I wish Adobe would introduce a per-app subscription. I've been a complete subscriber for years, but LR has been my foundation. I probably wouldn't even be a photo-suite subscriber if I were new to the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. File type (post edit) is tiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed you were using ARW raw files for the slideshow. What files are TIFF and how are they being used? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the files are TIFF. For portraits I do fine edits in PS and then save them back to LR as TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LrC Preferences file as outlined at the below link. Place a copy of the current Preferences file on the desktop so it can easily be retsored if of no help. Don't make any changes to the new Preferences file and try creating a slideshow with the new default settings.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that - reset the preferences and recreated the slideshow. The problem is still there. In fact, a new transition error between two images was introduced (that wasn't there the last time I created the slideshow). It's the same pixelation issue. In addition I'm still also getting the single frame jump forward/back/forward error between two images.

To verify that there wasn't something strange going on with the images themselves, I manually made the same slideshow in Premiere Pro. There were no issues in the transitions (or elsewhere). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import, I have LR setup to create 1:1 previews. When I export a slideshow as video, LR first creates standard previews. I wonder if this could have something to do with it? Maybe LR doesn't like to build slideshows from 1:1 previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate the issue. If you can provide 2 or 3 files that exhibit the issue to a file sharing site I'll try them on my system. They can be any files that exhibit the issue. My system is very similar to yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also please create a Slideshow user template by clicking on the + icon in the left screen Template Browser. Then upload the new .lrtemplate file at the below folder location along with the TIFF files. That way I'll be using your specific settings, which may be necessary to duplicate the issue. Thank ypou.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Slideshow Templates\User Templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines