• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow import

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing terribly slow file imports from my SD card, after installing LRC 12.01.  I am using Ventura version 13.1 on an iMac.  16GB RAM and 64 bit.  I shoot RAW and never before have experienced this issue.  I have tweaked computer settings.  No joy.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you haven't updated to LrC 12.1 (released mid December)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. I am at 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing terribly slow file imports from my SD card, after installing LRC 12.01.

By @chucks23986917

Perhaps the card has gone bad. Perhaps the card reader has gone bad. Experiment to see if either is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you attempted to copy those photos to the desired folders outside of LrC, using Finder, then inside of LrC imported them via Add instead of Copy?

Two things to notice when you do, Does using Finder go slow, does Add not go fast.

Incidentally, the number of photos being imported, is this your normal amount or a large increase from previous?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does macOS Activity Monitor (found in the Utilities folder) show during an import? Specifically, in Activity Monitor, when you view Window > CPU History and Window > GPU History, which of the following do you see?

A) CPU and GPU usage both fill their graphs (very busy)

B) CPU and GPU usage both don’t fill their graphs (not busy)

C) CPU usage very high, GPU usage low

D) CPU usage very low, GPU usage high

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines