• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow operation with HDR Image

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People! I have a good problem here, and I need help.

I'm real estate photographer, but my Lightroom dont like me, the operations in day to day is hard to work.

Video -> https://youtu.be/exKFNP7DWS4 with problem (slow, very very slow).
My photos always is HDR (generate in Lightroom, create a DNG)

My PC: 

i7 6700
32GB DDR3
SSD Nvme 3,2Gbps (system and files) 
RX580 8GB 256Bits

H170 Gigabyte

Lightroom Classic  12.1

Windows 11

My Camera: 
Canon T6i (raw mode) 

Anybody have ideas? Thanks! 

(Sorry my english, Im from Brazil) 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably having an issue with language. That is, remembering some of the buttons in your copy of LrC as shown in the video. I have a likely unfounded suspicion that some sync is going on.This is largely due to the stacked status of the selected image(s) as shown in the video. 

Try again, but with the stack in question expanded, so that you can be absolutely sure that only one image is selected, and only one image is being edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it looks slow. My old 2015 iMac was faster. What else is running? As well as @GoldingD's Sync suggestion, which creates Smart Previews for upload, are you running face recognition in the background? 

As a BTW, you can run the Auto Upright in a preset, just make sure to only select Upright Mode in the Transform section on the Preset dialog after pressing the Auto button.  

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, I should have looked up in the top left. What are those processes going on? Three of them? One busy with something like 66 images, the other two not progressing. I would recommend Not editing while LrC is busy accomplishing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD, Hi! Thanks man! I change my LrC language from you.

This 66 images running is LrC create my HDR photos, but I'm record a New video not running this and the result is the same.. 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean! Thanks help-me here. 

Alright, I'm record a New video, show all configs and my pc. 

My Syncs is off, not running face or another tasks in LrC. In attachs now in English I'm post all my LrC Configs. 

Ah! I know Auto Right in preset, but after apply this preset I need go back to the file and click Update in ALL photos.. one per one. If do you haveanother way to make it I'm love to know. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only do Upright Mode in the preset, you don't need to update each image. It applies the correction per image. If you save with Upright Transforms, then it's saving a specific corrected that needs updating. 

upmode.jpg

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Video -> https://youtu.be/WyURsDdAvys

Attachs (01, 02, 03 and 04 files) is my LrC Configs

System Info Lightroom 

Thanks people! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your whole screen refresh looks way off. Are you on the newest graphics drivers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your video, just starting LrC appears slow.

Frees hard drive space :

• In your video, the part where you demonstrate your hard drive conditions, it looks like the C drive is running out of space. In your System Info  (from LrC) your catalog is in that very same C drive. Normally not an issue. But, how much free space in percent is available on that C drive. Looking for better than 20% (some say 25%)?

Optimize

• I forget if you have optimized lately

Camera RAW CACHE:

• This does not relate to slow LrC start, it probably does not fully relate to your develop edits being that slow. It could effect performance in develop. The location for the Camera RAW CACHE, on your C drive, same place Windows places (by default) the paging file. You might see some improvements if you relocate the CACHE to a different drive (a nice quick one). This would not explain a change in performance, past vs current.
  • Your CACHE size (limit) not bad, but you might want to increase, perhaps double. Typically HDR merge files are large.

Performance vs file locations for LrC (just saying)

• The catalog and hard drive selection, LrC can take advantage of using your fastest hard drive
  • The Camera RAW CACHE can take advantage of using your fastest hard drive
  • The photos can be anywhere, no real advantage in hard drive speed.

GPU DRIVER

from your system info:

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP (31.0.12029.10015)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: GPU for Export enabled

Some members have had issues with AMD, and if I remember correctly, with the 580.(this is mainly seen in AI masking, the AI Sky comes to mind)  Looks like your driver is the latest, and those members may have had an issue with exactly that, the latest (at the time) latest version, perhaps rolling back to a previous version? Or were you at that version, previously, when LrC behaved? 

note: I cannot find a posting to serve as a reference to back that up, so take with a grain of salt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines