• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small view in library and develop mode. How do I get back normal format ?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in LR 5 and 6 for a long time.  Suddenly my view of a photo is about half the size than usual although my navigatorsetting is at fitt or full.  I only get my normal size on 2:1 ! I reset my preferences but that did not help. It happened on the start of LR5 on my IMac Mojave on a collection of photo's size 1280x850 wich always gave me a view of about 80% of the viewing area in both librarie and develop mode.

Can anybody help me to get the normal view back?

Thanks

William

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us will not (or cannot) download attachments. Please place your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Some of us will not (or cannot) download attachments. Please place your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon."

This isn't necessary. You can view an attachment without downloading it by clicking on the Preview box:

johnrellis_0-1630433106264.png

This opens the preview window:

johnrellis_1-1630433229627.png

Doing so will not download the attachement to your Downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary to use "Insert Photos" instead of providing an attachment. My browser at work will not preview the attachment. Browsers on my tablet or cell phone also won't preview the attachment. My home computer browser will only show the preview if I disable a security feature, which I choose not to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My browser at work will not preview the attachment. Browsers on my tablet or cell phone also won't preview the attachment. My home computer browser will only show the preview if I disable a security feature"

I couldn't find any other reports about this misbehavior in this forum or the Using The Community forum, so I recommend you post a bug report about there.   I successfully tested the Preview button on four platforms and five browsers, all with default settings.   

Mac OS 11.3.1:
Chrome, Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Firefox, 91.0.2 (64-bit)
Safari, Version 14.1 (16611.1.21.161.6)

Windows 10, Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043:
Chrome, Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox, 91.0.2 (64-bit)
Edge, 92.0.902.84 (Official build)(64-bit)

iOS 14.4.2
Safari
Chrome, 92.4515.90
Firefox, 36.0

Android 7.1.2
Chrome, 78.0.3904.108
Opera, 64.2.3282.60128
Firefox, 91.4.0 (enable Desktop Site from the menu button, looks identical)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some members WILL NOT TRUST ATTACHMENT. it is a trust issue. No matter what reassurances Adobe may give, they do bot trust that an attachment will not be malicious code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Some members WILL NOT TRUST ATTACHMENT. it is a trust issue. No matter what reassurances Adobe may give, they do bot trust that an attachment will not be malicious code."

The preview button does not download the attachment. Rather, it sends a JPEG preview to your browser, no different than if the user had inserted the attachment into the text with the camera icon. There is no plausible security issue with this.

You can verify that by clicking the preview button in Chrome, right-clicking the preview image that opens, and doing View Image Info.

dj_paige's issue is different -- the preview button doesn't work for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hé guys, keep this discussion in another topic and try to give a solution to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your iMac have a retina screen? It's likely a compatibility bug between the very old LR5 and retina screens on Mojave. If so it will never get fixed as LR5 hasn't been supported for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the issue : Lr worked fine since I started working on the new Imac with retina screen.  For more than a year everything worked perfect .  The question is : why does it all by itself suddenly change the view format ?  I did not change anything and use the program just as before with the same OS Mojave, on the same computer.  It happens not only in version 5 but also in version 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I am seeing the screenshot incorrectly, but you are in the  Library Module?

So, what happens if you delete the library previews?

hmm, but it also fails in Develop Module. Different preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that image, what does LrC report as resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image shown in the screenshot is a JPG. Is it possible that you've resized the original and imported back into LrC? You can you check the pixel dimensions in Metadata panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I work in LR 5 and 6 for a long time.  Suddenly my view of a photo is about half the size than usual although my navigatorsetting is at fitt or full.  I only get my normal size on 2:1 ! ... It happened on the start of LR5 on my IMac Mojave on a collection of photo's size 1280x850 wich always gave me a view of about 80% of the viewing area in both librarie and develop mode."

That's expected behavior for LR 5 -- Loupe Fit and Fill won't enlarge the photo larger than 1:1. See this feature-request thread of people complaining about it in 2014:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-hidpiretina-suppor... 

I just tested my LR 5 to verify that's how it behaves. (I don't have LR 6 installed.)  In a later version Adobe changed the behavior, not sure when.

Your screenshot is consistent with the LR 5 behavior,  showing a 1280 x 850 image displayed on a 5006 x 2672 screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines