Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smaller images don't fill the screen in Slideshow

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

For the first time I thought I'd try the Lightroom Slideshow tab to get an important job done quickly... simple yeah?

I tested it with full sized images from my library and all looked good - however I needed to use reduced size images sent to me by my fellow club members - and this gave me a big problem.  Despite clicking "Zoom to fill frame"  - it didn't!  All the images were displayed in a reduced frame despite the image appearing perfect when in the editing stage - as soon as I press play the images shrink!  And this isn't cured by saving as a video file - same deal...

If I replace the images with originals from my library all looks good - but all the other images were 1600x1200 max.

Anyone else have this problem?  In the end I used my video editing software (now Da Vinci - was Premiere pro (sorry)) - and this did the trick, eventually, but I really wanted to use the metadata from the images which a video editor doesn't expect to do.

Thanks!

AC

MacOS M1 Max - Sonoma 14.4.1

LrC  13.3

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK it has always been that way in LrC SS- Small pixel size images do not expand to fill the screen.

One workaround might be to -

1) Select ALL the photos you want in the Slideshow (eg. a Collection).

2) Export them all with a 'Resize' to the pixel dimension you need (eg. 1920x1080px). (Add to Catalog, include metadata)

3) Create your SS from the exported files

You can always delete the exported files at a later date if they now serve no further purpose.

Note: That "Resize" sets the maximum pixel dimensions for the exported files- Small pixel images will be 'upscaled'. Large pixel images will be 'down-scaled' to fit. ie. All the exported images will be consistent in size (ie. Made to fit within the  size specified. eg.1920x1080px)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! 
what confuses me however, is that when I'm editing the parameters of the slideshow the images look fine - also they fill the screen when using the develop module - so there's clearly enough pixels to do that!  Pretty poor imho.  
thanks for the work around..

ac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - furthermore - for those that are interested... to get the images to fill my screen (MacBook Pro 16" - retina 3456 x 2234)  I had to resize to 3200 x 2134 - seems that LR SS does a 1 for 1 pixel conversion (no conversion) - making things 1920x1080 left them the same size or smaller(!). Clearly when the SS is rendered as a video file this is when they get shrunk to HD dimensions... shame there's no 4K rendering g!

ac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"shame there's no 4K rendering"- Yes, that's the limitations of the SS module-

Only options are-

2024-06-04 10_12_31-Roberts Catalog-v13-3 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Slideshow.jpg

For better you will need a dedicated Slideshow App.

Example:  'PTE AV Studio Pro'

2024-06-04 10_21_01-Project1 - PTE AV Studio Pro.jpg   2024-06-04 10_21_38-Creating HD and 4K video.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines