• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Collection - Folder Ends In Criteria Error

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my LR catlog folder structure I have a number of folders ending in two letter US state abbreviations (i.e. ME for Maine).  I've created a number of Smart Collections with the criteria [FOLDER ENDS IN] where I deaignate the two letter abbrivation for one state in each Smart Collection.

All of the Smart Collection work properly thus far except the one for ME (Maine) which is returning the photos not only in folders ending in ME but also those ending in MA (Massachusetts).

Need assistance figuring out if the error is mine or a bug in LR.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR has long had bugs with its text matching. But in this case, I'm not able to reproduce the problem. 

One possibility: Are the folders ending in MA contained in an ancestor folder whose name ends with "me"?  The Folder criterion matches against each folder in the entire file path. For example, "Folder ends with me" would match the photo whose path is:

/Users/john/Pictures/Home/XXX-MA

It doesn't matter whether LR is showing the ancestor folders in the Folders panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Rellis - Thanks for your reply.  I checked my file structure and there are no ancestor folders that end in MA.  I also deleted the Smart Collection that specifies the Folder ending in ME and then recreated it from scratch.  I produces the same result of including photos from folders ending in MA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One possible step to narrowing down the cause and looking for a workaround: Zip up your catalog's .lrcat file, upload it to Dropbox, Wetransfer, or similar, and send me the sharing link in a private message.  (I'm expert in the LR's searching capabilities and bugs and have written many plugins that use LR's search internally.) Unfortunately, given that we can't easily reproduce the problem (not yet, at least), Adobe won't pay much attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines