• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart previews for cloud sync recreated after metadata edits?

Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

(Lightroom Classic 10.2 on Windows 10 19043)

I imported 3000 raws in Lightroom Classic, smart previews for cloud sync were generated in the background as expected.

Days later I added metadata info (Exif location, keyword... not written to the file) and Lightroom has been working (CPU and upload) like crazy.

Therefore my question: does adding metadata trigger the re-generation of smart previews for cloud sync? (which should be avoided in my opinion)

Thanks,

Olivier

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of. Since this appears to be abnormal behavior I suggest using the CC app to uninstall and reintsall LrC and see if that helps. If no improvement try resetting the LrC Preferences file, which is retained when doing and uninstall/reintsall. Move it to the desktop so you can restore it if no improvement. Retart LrC and a new Preferences file will be created.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make sense if you change the original. That might be a change to a TIF or JPG which means the previously-uploaded smart preview might be a very different image from the file now. Changes to EXIF data might well be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines