• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smugmug plug-in no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Smugmug up and running for a year or so (love it!!).  I recently went to add photos to SM via the Publish Services function.  It shows up with a "?" over the icon (left side of bar).  When I click the bar, it pops me to the Adobe site because of a 404 error.  None of the folders show up.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot would be helpfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just hit the Publish button on my Smugmug publish service right now and it’s currently exporting and uploading images. So it appears Smugmug itself is up and running.

In Lightroom Classic, if you choose File > Plug-in Manager, does it open OK and is the Smugmug publish service listed properly? Does the Updates section have a Check Now button? My Smugmug plug-in shows a version of 3.3.8.0.

If the problem persists, it would be worth contacting Smugmug support since they would know how to troubleshoot it more deeply. For example, they might ask you to enable the log recording options in the Debugging section at the bottom of the Smugmug plug-in options.

But because it’s an HTTP 404 error, there could be an issue with networking. So probably some things to try first are verify that Lightroom Classic has Internet access (for example, does the Map module work?); if not, make sure your computer has not lost Internet access (although if you’re posting here from the same computer, that means it does have Internet access).

If the rest of the computer is working fine on the Internet but a service within Lightroom Classic can’t connect, look for anti-malware or network firewall software that might be blocking access to specfic processes or ports. But again it is Smugmug who would know what ports their plug-in uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines